According to Muhammad Bin Ishaaq Maghaazi, his lineage is Luqman Bin Baa’ oor Bin Baahoor Bin Taarakh. In this lineage, Taarakh was the father of the Nabi Sayyiduna Ibraheem . Some historians have reported that Sayyiduna Luqman was the maternal nephew of the Nabi Sayyiduna Ayyub and some are of the point of view that he was the maternal cousin of Sayyiduna Ayyub .
Sayyiduna Luqman lived for one thousand years. He lived for so long that he got the opportunity to acquire the knowledge by staying in the company of Sayyiduna Dawood – Before the declaration of the Prophethood of Sayyiduna Dawood ‘ he was the Mufti of Bani Israel. But when Sayyiduna Dawood declared his Prophethood, Sayyiduna Luqman abandoned to deliver Fatwa (edict). It is mentioned in some of the books that Sayyiduna Luqman said, ‘I have been blessed with the honour of availing the company of four thousand
Ambiya . From the holy sayings of these Ambiya , I have selected and memorised eight things, which are:
1. Guard your heart whilst offering Salah.
2. Take care of your throat whilst eating.
3. When you are staying in the house of somebody else, protect your eyes.
4. When you are sitting in the company of people, take care of your tongue.
6. Keep remembering your death.
7. Forget about the favours you have done to others.
8. Forget about the misconduct of the others.